The Vespera Dual Band Filter is a dual narrowband interference filter that will significantly improve your photo quality whether you are viewing from an urban or natural environment.
By selecting very precisely the wavelengths of Hydrogen Alpha (H-alpha) and Oxygen III (O-III), found mainly in nebulae, the filter will increase the contrast between the Stellar object and the sky background. Thus, its use makes it possible to obtain a higher-quality image, with sharper stars and finer details.
Keep only the essential
The Dual Band filter has been designed to allow only two particular wavelengths to pass through to the Vespera sensor:
Due to the filtered wavelengths, it is particularly effective for photographing nebulae in emission (e.g.: Orion nebula M42, Heart nebula IC 1805 …), dark nebulae endowed with hydrogen (e.g.: Horsehead or Elephant’s Trunk nebula…), planetary nebulae (e.g.: Owl nebula M97, Dumbbell nebula M27…), supernova remnants (e.g.: Veil nebula, Crab Nebula M1…).
For globular clusters (e.g.: Hercules cluster M13, cluster M92…), the selectivity of the Dual Band filter will help you to obtain sharper stars.
A filter specifically studied for Vespera
The optical quality of the Dual Band filter has been specifically studied by our engineers to offer use at full aperture, without any impact on the optical diameter of the instrument. The lens ring is equipped with an electronic micro-card that allows Vespera to detect the Dual Band filter and adapt its observation and image processing parameters.
The filter features 12nm of bandwidth in each wavelength (O-III = 500.7nm, H-alpha = 656.3nm).
Instructions for use
Designed specifically for Vespera, the filter fits easily and discreetly into the optical arm. Remove the standard Vespera lens ring and insert the Dual Band filter until you hear a click. To verify that the Dual Band filter is properly positioned, connect Vespera to your mobile device and launch the Singularity app. In the Space Center and then the Instrument screen, the word “Dual” is shown.
- The use of the Dual Band filter is incompatible with the observation of galaxies, due to the rejection of a good part of the spectrum which attenuates the signal of the galaxies.
- The filter is of little interest for the observations of the Moon, individual stars, and planets.
- The Dual Band filter is ineffective against LED lighting.
Directions for use:
- Do not expose the filter to direct sunlight.
- Store the filter in its box after each use to avoid dust build-up.
- If you notice any streaks or dust, gently clean the filter with an optical wipe, microfiber cloth, feather duster or air blower.
- Do not attempt to open the lens ring that contains the filter (see Warranties tab).
The Customer benefits from a legal guarantee of conformity and a guarantee against hidden defects for a period of 2 years from delivery of the product.
Any warranty is void in the event of damage or deterioration resulting from:
- misuse, negligence, lack of care or maintenance by the user
- normal wear and tear of the Product
- improper use of the Product
- an external accident or improper storage conditions and/or protection of the Product by the Customer
- the liability or interference of a third party with regard to the Product, a misjudgment by the Customer of their needs, or any modifications made to the Product
- intentional or malicious damage
- external events: fire, explosion, water damage, lightning, storm, electrical surge, etc.
- falls, knocks, impacts, scratches, oxidation
- the Product being opened up and disassembled by the Customer.